The CIPC has enhanced the Compliance Checklist, which can be accessed by logging on to the CIPC’s E-Services platform, clicking on TRANSACT and then on the Compliance Checklist icon.
From the 5thof March 2020:
- It is mandatory for the following types of companies, i.e. Incorporated –Inc. (21); Proprietary Limited –(Pty) Ltd (07); Limited –Ltd (06); State Owned Company –SOC (30); Non Profit Company –NPC (08) to confirm if the company’s annual financial statements are audited or independently reviewed.
- If you have confirmed “no”that your company’s annual financial statements are not audited or independently reviewed you will not be required to complete the Compliance Checklist. An email will be sent to all active directors and to the person who submitted this information confirming this.
- If you have confirmed “yes”that your company’s annual financial statements are audited or independently reviewed you must complete the Compliance Checklist.
- Upon submitting the Compliance Checklist, an email will be sent to all active directors and to the person who submitted the Compliance Checklist confirming the information sent on behalf of the Company.
Reference to Compliance Year in the Compliance Checklist is aligned to the anniversary date of a company’s incorporation.
- The Compliance Checklist is a standalone serviceand the information required must therefore be submitted by a company to the CIPC within 30 business days after the anniversary of the company’s date of incorporation.
- The Compliance Checklist now contains a comment box for each question, should companies wish to explain their specific answers given to the CIPC.
- For any questions or specific points of clarification on the Compliance Checklist please send an email to